If you’re running a local business at multiple locations, it is crucial to follow local SEO strategies to drive customers to your brick-and-mortar store and to improve your online local presence.
According to the study, it is found that,
- 63% of Google’s organic search trafficcomes from mobile devices.
- 76% of searches forlocal businesses result in a store visit within 24 hours.
- 40% of people prefer to complete theirentire shopping experience on mobile.
From the above stats, it is clear that you must not ignore Local SEO. Therefore, by reading this article, you will learn the 5 SEO strategies that you must follow to optimize your website for local search so you can be found for multiple locations.
Table of Contents
Below listed are the 5 SEO strategies that you must follow to be successful in a local search
Create a Separate Page For Each Location
In terms of SEO, it’s a very bad practice to include all of the details about your business on one landing page when you run a multi-location business. Therefore, it is essential to create a separate page for each location.
The content on those separate pages should speak specifically about the services you offer in that particular location and should be tailored for that audience.
- The location’s name, address, and phone number (NAP).
- Content-specific to a particular location (staff information, testimonials, news, etc.)
- An embedded Google Map.
- Images of your business and the people who work there.
This makes it easy for people who are all looking to visit your business in that particular location to access your information.
Each Location Page Should be Optimized
The pages you create for each of your different locations should also be optimized with location-specific keywords for that area.
- URL-Make sure that the URL structure is logical and easy for users to follow. For example,
- Title Tag-This should be optimized to 50-60 characters. Ensure the title tag includes the targeted location keyword phrase, the title of the page/article, and branding.
- Meta description-This should be optimized to 156 characters. Make sure to include your targeted location keyword phrase in the meta description.
- Schema Markup-Apply a local business schema markup to each page so your business hours and other important information can appear in search results.
- Mobile Friedly– Make sure your website is mobile-friendly and meets Google’s page speed standards.
Lastly, to help Google to find and index all your created and optimized new landing pages, submit a Sitemap to Google. All of these things will make it easy for Google and the users to understand that you are running multiple local businesses and where they are located
Create Google My Business Pages For Each Location
For each of your locations, you can also use Google My Business. To make it a little easier, you can even use the same account to manage all locations
Your business profile should include the URLs of your location pages.
To optimize each of your location pages, follow Google’s guidelines. Guidelines include:
- Verify each location address
- List accurate hours
- Contact information
- Add photos
- Manage and respond to reviews.
Keep Citations Consistent
Also, remember the importance of maintaining consistency in multi-location listings. When listing your business in online directories, it’s important to keep your NAP (name, address, and phone number) consistent across all your locations.
- Name consistency: Make sure the names of all your locations are consistent (e.g., “ iCore software company” shouldn’t be called “iCore IT company”).
- Category consistency: Each location should have at least one category that represents the business as a whole (e.g., all stores under “PetSmart” would be categorized as “Pet Supplies”)
Doing so will make it easier for the search engines and users to find and understand the information they need,
Focus on Link Building
To boost your ranking in local searches, focus on earning a good number and quality of authority backlinks to your website from local sites.
For this, you can reach out to familiar bloggers, local publications, or hosting events in your area to know whether they’re interested in sharing your content or give an opportunity for you to guest post on their site.
This will ultimately earn you more local links and send positive signals to Google that will increase your rankings in SERP (search engine results page) locally.
Optimizing your business for multiple locations requires more careful strategies and work. In addition, nowadays Google continuously updates its algorithm to provide users with relevant results. In such a case, ranking on Google for local search results is not an easy task. It requires a proper optimization effort.
If you’re looking to improve your local search engine presence to attract more customers and boost revenue for your business, get in touch with the iCore software systems. We are a popular SEO company, and we understand how to optimize each of your individual pages to appear in the local searches and create a strong digital presence to earn the attention of your best prospects.
To know more about us, and how we help your site attract and convert more local traffic, contact us today!!!